none
Another premature release with XP SP3? RRS feed

• General discussion

• My name is Todd Skiles. I'm not a novice computer user and have gained all my knowledge and experience through running into problems. I must say that most of my problems have been encountered by installing Microsoft's "highly recommended" downloads. Twice on two different computers I have had to reinstall the entire operating system thanks to an "update" from Microsoft. The release of SP3 for Windows XP is no different. We have two Dell computers in our home. After installing SP3, all manner of things went wrong with the computers. When I submitted the error logs to Microsoft, Microsoft reported that the issue was my Intel processor, which was NOT the case. I ended up calling Dell Technical Support to make certain the uninstallation of SP3 was all that was required. It was. While speaking with the Dell Technician, he reported that the majority of his calls are related to issues from having installed Windows XP SP3. Microsoft needs to know about this. It's atrocious that they can release such *** and just get away with it. I'm so over the Microsoft updates I've decided to no longer receive ANY updates from Microsoft. As far as I'm concerned, if it's working DON'T FIX IT!
    Friday, May 23, 2008 12:54 AM