Microsoft Expression Design RRS feed

• Question

• Hi and thanks in advance.

In expression design when I drop a rectangle onto the canvas why does it give me a path element instead of a rectangle? I'm guessing this is because a path is more flexible.  Is there another reason behind this? If i wanted a path i would draw a path. From what I read a path takes much more resources and longer to render. Also can you target certain versions of silverlight when in expression design since certain element properties are not supported in silverlight 1.0 for example <Ellipse.BitmapEffect>.

Thank you

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:04 AM

Answers

• The rectangle is only preserved in the exported XAML for rectangles without rounding, rotation or skew. If any of those operations are applied it is written out as a path.

In terms of the versions of Silverlight, Expression Design is currently only supporting the released version of Silverlight.

Joanna

Monday, December 17, 2007 5:16 PM

All replies

• Hello, any chance you have merged the Rectangle with other objects? If you simply draw a Rectangle in Expression Design, you’ll just get a Rectangle after exporting to XAML.

Friday, December 14, 2007 2:09 AM
  • The rectangle is only preserved in the exported XAML for rectangles without rounding, rotation or skew. If any of those operations are applied it is written out as a path.

In terms of the versions of Silverlight, Expression Design is currently only supporting the released version of Silverlight.

Joanna

Monday, December 17, 2007 5:16 PM