none
Cannot install Expression Web3 RRS feed

• Question

• I have loaded the Expression Web 3 Upgrade DVD to my drive and clicked SetUp. The screen has asked for the product key which has been accepted and I have opted to install only Expression Web 3 from the three options. The DVD starts to install the blue line appears on the bar but even after leaving the machine for 20 minutes the blue line progresses no further. I am using Windows XP with SP3 installed plus Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed. Do I have a duff DVD or is there something I am missing?
    Friday, June 18, 2010 10:08 AM

All replies

• Very difficult to say. You could try rebooting and see if that makes any difference or you could try to install one of the other options instead of Expression Web. If this works try installing EW again.

Ian Haynes
    EW resources, hints and tips
    V4 Add-Ins
    Friday, June 18, 2010 10:25 AM
  • Try minimizing the Setup window after you launch it and have answered the questions.  I believe there is an issue on Windows XP where there is an interaction between our Setup and the graphics subsystem that causes an enormous slowdown. Minimizing the Setup window allows it to run without displaying anything, which should make it go considerably faster if that is indeed your problem.
    Paul Bartholomew, Microsoft Expression Web
    Friday, June 18, 2010 6:51 PM