Problem during Converting xlsx to HTML RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am using the following code to convert my current workbook to HTML format.

Sub xlsxToHTML
    Dim path As String
    path = Application.ActiveWorkbook.path & "\Workbook.htm"
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=path, FileFormat:=xlHtml
    End Sub

The above mentioned macro is able to convert my excel file to HTML but the problem is my excel sheet("Sheet1") contains some embedded object like Microsoft Word Document. I can open those documents from excel sheet but  when the excel file gets converted into HTML format, it seems that those objects are only appearing as icon. If I click on that, nothing is happening. Hence, not able to open those word documents from HTML file. 

Please let me know if this can be done through any other process so that I can access all the embedded objects from HTML file itself.

Thanks. 

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:02 PM

Answers

• Hi JO_LO,

As far as I know, excel object model doesn’t provide the way to do that. When we save the excel file to Html, it will gives the warning that some features in your workbook might be lost.

Regards                      

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:53 AM