none
EdiSend Pipeline Fails with 'There was no XML start tag open' error RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a BizTalk 2006 R2 batched outbound 850 process that works, except for when it tries to process a batch that includes an 850 with more than ten line items. When the batch hits the send pipeline, I get the following error:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006

Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006

Event ID: 5754

Description:

A message sent to adapter "FILE" on send port "EDI_Outbound" with URI "C:\Ports\Inbox\TP.%datetime%.edi" is suspended.

Error details: Unable to read the stream produced by the pipeline.

Details: There was no XML start tag open.

MessageId: {382F2362-741E-4697-85DD-12A495A159E2}

InstanceID: {81B5C6E4-BDE3-4889-A011-147CA120C165}

It doesn't matter if there is one or fifty transactions in the batch; it only fails when the "large" order is in the batch. It seems like the pipeline can't load a message larger than 5k into memory, so it tries to process only part of it. Anyone know what might be going on here?

Sid

Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:03 PM

Answers

•  

I've been informed that this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release.

Problem Description:

================

We receive an error: “Unable to read the stream produced by the pipeline. There was no xml start tag open” at the Send Port with EDI Send Pipeline.

Cause:

=====

It’s a bug with the extended validation of batched messages.

Resolution or Workaround:

=====================

The workaround is to disable extended validation of the batched messages. Product team will fix this in the next version of the product.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:59 PM

All replies

•  

Problem Description:

================

We receive an error: “Unable to read the stream produced by the pipeline. There was no xml start tag open” at the Send Port with EDI Send Pipeline.

Cause:

=====

=====================

The workaround is to disable extended validation of the batched messages. Product team will fix this in the next version of the product.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:59 PM
  •  

Problem Description:

================

Cause:

=====

=====================

Hi R.

I think the next release would have been BizTalk 2006 R3.  That has already been followed by BizTalk 2009. 

I just verified that this same Bug still exists in the current product, BizTalk 2009.  Will there still be a forthcoming update to get this issue fixed?  Isn't this basic required EDI functionality?

Friday, July 10, 2009 3:48 PM
  • As followup here is the description of Extended Validation

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb259965.aspx

My hunch would be that "Extended Validation" is to hook into advanced validation functionality for things like HIPAA compliance, level 3 and greater, which is outside of X12.

So my assumption is that we would still have standard EDI validation without this feature enabled.

Friday, July 10, 2009 4:04 PM