none
Can we change inbuilt selenium methods of a webelement

Question

• Hi,

I wanted to know if we can change the functionality of an inbuilt selenium method available to a webelement. 

for example, I have a checkbox.  IWebElement myCheckbox

Can i change the functionality of myCheckbox.Click() to do something else? for example highlight and then click..

I understand implementing the interface IWebElement is one way. But that would need me to define all the methods and properties of IWebElement. 

However i would like to change the functionality of only click() and retain the other functionalities and properties as such. 

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep P Raju

Friday, October 21, 2016 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep P Raju,

According to your description, you are using Selenium WebDriver, is it right?

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

If your problem related to Selenium WebDriver code, I suggest you post your problem to Selenium WebDriver forum.

http://seleniumforum.forumotion.net/

If not, please tell us where is the Checkbox and how do you use the IWebElement? Please provide more information, such as screenshot, code snippet, to help us understanding your problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 7:42 AM