none
Problem with Windows 10 uninstall RRS feed

• Question

• It seems that when a Windows 10 upgrade results in an unsuccessful installation attempt, there is a residual item of code, I suspect in the registry,
    that prevents your Visual Studio C++Redistributable 2015 from successful loading (it is apparently seeing a conflict between Window 7 and the aborted Windows 10 install).
    This conflict is evident in my attempt to re-install a Windows 7 application that had been messed up in the process of loading all the fixes. When trying to reload this application
    a banner appears stating that this application is not for Windows 10 yet as Bharti verified, the main registry entries identify the machine as  Windows 7.
    As I said, Bharti tried her best to fix the problem but without success and as it stand right now the only solution is to reload Windows 7 from the ground up.
    I still feel this is a Microsoft problem since I had no problems with the machine prior to trying to load Windows 10 and then trying to undo the failed load.
    Microsoft  does not have a way of doing a clean sweep of all registry items that may have been changed during the installation process.
    Monday, October 1, 2018 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Before you update Windows 7, try first installing all the windows updates and application updates.

If it does not work, try to clean install Win 10

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:37 AM