Can't delete vhd's from management portal. RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot delete 2 vhd's in Azure management portal and I'm getting billed for them. Billing support says I need to talk to Azure technical support for which then I need to purchase Technical Support. (Does this seem weird to anyone?) There is no VM associated to them as there are no VM's. These VHD's were attached to a test Ubuntu Linux VM's that were deleted last week. The error message doesn't mean anything to me and does not give any specific instructions of how to delete the vhd's. The error message is the same on both vhd's:

There is currently a lease on the blob and no lease ID was specified in the request. RequestId:d3c8582e-ad86-49ac-915a-76437f46f41b Time:2013-10-07T19:35:24.0956735Z
    Monday, October 7, 2013 7:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you see those vhd's listed under disks menu in VM?

If yes then make sure you delete the disks. Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
    Ojas Maru ( My blog )

• Marked as answer by Thames4123 Monday, October 7, 2013 9:52 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you see those vhd's listed under disks menu in VM?

If yes then make sure you delete the disks. Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
    Ojas Maru ( My blog )

• Marked as answer by Thames4123 Monday, October 7, 2013 9:52 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 9:44 PM
  • Amazing! It worked! Just wish the error message would same something "go look in VM's in the Disks section". My Virtual Machines says "0" so I never looked any deeper. Thanks again!

Monday, October 7, 2013 9:51 PM
  • I can feel your pain. I assume lot of people have gone through same path. You can make your voice heard or register your feedback at http://feedback.windowsazure.com

Regards,
    Ojas Maru ( My blog )

Monday, October 7, 2013 11:11 PM