none
app.Config deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the App.Config in my windows form application.. I want to to ask if it will be complied within the EXE or I have to copy it in my my setup project?

Jassim Rahma
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Jassim,

the useage of the app.config file can vary on your settings. Some people compile the default settings into code, so when the application is deployed, there is no need to put a config file on the system (Property is called GenerateDefaultValueInCode). But we always tend to deliver a config file with the installation so an administrator can directly modify it on his will.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by eryang Monday, December 20, 2010 4:55 AM
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Jassim,

the useage of the app.config file can vary on your settings. Some people compile the default settings into code, so when the application is deployed, there is no need to put a config file on the system (Property is called GenerateDefaultValueInCode). But we always tend to deliver a config file with the installation so an administrator can directly modify it on his will.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by eryang Monday, December 20, 2010 4:55 AM
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 3:53 PM
  •  

We temporarily mark a reply since the thread idle for a long time, please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 20, 2010 4:54 AM