none
BizTalk adapter - SAP WCF Send operation RRS feed

• Question

• I recv. multiple PO's in a single xml message and I mapping to Orders05 IDOC. I want to send them as multiple IDOC's in single Send operation to SAP. Is there way to do with WCF Send operation or whether it has any limitation sending only one message. Thanks for your help in advance. 
    Monday, May 11, 2009 7:02 PM

Answers

•  I found a way to batch IDOC using SendIdoc operation which is exactly what I am looking for. You can pass IDOCs as batch using SendIdoc operation any IDOC data like ORDERS, INVOICE, DESADV etc but make sure DOCNUM is unique across all the IDOCs in a given batch. I am yet to do a performance test to see how many max IDOCs I can send in a batch. Keep posted...

- SHR
    • Marked as answer by SHRAvatar Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:13 AM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:12 AM

All replies

• We use  the rfc - IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS  to send the IDOC.
    (which can receive only one idoc at a time).
    Why do you want to send all the IDOCs in  one Send operation ?
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:05 AM

• Based on the input order xml we might have 1 or  n orders. So we dont want to open a connection for each orders. We would perfer to batch them I have done with earlier version of SAP adapter I am trying to figure out with WCF adapter.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:49 AM
  • If you are concerned about lagre number of connectinos being open to SAP, then you can set the propery MaxConnectionsPerSystem to the appropriate value.

Also, if you  set  EnableConnectionPooling=true, then, the adapter will not open new connections for sending each IDOC, rather, the  same connection will be reused by the adapter for subsequent IDOCs send.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:38 AM

•  I found a way to batch IDOC using SendIdoc operation which is exactly what I am looking for. You can pass IDOCs as batch using SendIdoc operation any IDOC data like ORDERS, INVOICE, DESADV etc but make sure DOCNUM is unique across all the IDOCs in a given batch. I am yet to do a performance test to see how many max IDOCs I can send in a batch. Keep posted...

- SHR
    • Marked as answer by SHRAvatar Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:13 AM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:12 AM