none
Develop with Docker containers

General discussion

• Hi,

Conceptually, how should work a developer with containers beacuse normally the developer has a development local PC and then you must test the server software pre-production and production ?.

Regards,

Thursday, October 20, 2016 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hi knetroot,

Could you explain detailed about the docker containers? What's the expected result that you want?

According to your description, current develop process is developers develop the software on their local PC and the tester need to install the software on another machine to test it before this software, so you want the development and test in the same machine, is it right?

I think you could use one server machine and enable it could be logined by multiple users. Then the developer and tester could use the same environment to develop and test the software. You could manage this software by some source control and every developer and tester could manage this software based on different permission.

If misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016 8:25 AM
  • This is the answer I was looking for:

WinContainersDevOps

Friday, November 11, 2016 9:33 PM
  • Hi knetroot,

I'm glad that you have find the answer for your issue and thanks for sharing your answer here.

If any questions about Visual Studio IDE, please feel free to come back.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 1:10 AM