updating an app while it is in certification? RRS feed

• Question

• it seems that it is not possible to update an app while it is in submission process. it also seems that you can't update the text, screenshots, etc. until it is certified.

is that correct?

also, if I update the screen shots (but not the app) later on, will it take another 5 days to go through certification? that seems to be high given the app doesn't need to be re-tested and signed..

how long would that take?

I found one mistake in the screen shots (resolution is incorrect) and just don't want to spend 10 days going through certification again...I know it is my bad, but is there a shortcut?

thanks.

Ro

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Ronen,

It is not possible to change your app while an update is in progress. You must wait until it has completed certification (and passed or failed) in order to make any additional changes.

If you just change screenshots and/or the description of your app, the certification will be shortened. As you pointed out, it will not be re-tested if you did not modify your XAP.

Jin

• Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:57 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Ronen,

It is not possible to change your app while an update is in progress. You must wait until it has completed certification (and passed or failed) in order to make any additional changes.

If you just change screenshots and/or the description of your app, the certification will be shortened. As you pointed out, it will not be re-tested if you did not modify your XAP.

Jin

• Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:57 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:06 PM
  • Hi Jin,

IS it possible to cancel the current certification  process , to make changes and submit again?

Thanks,

ELI. 

Friday, November 2, 2012 9:09 PM
  • There is a short time after submitting that you can cancel a request.  (The time while the application is in the signing stage, I believe.)  After that time, you can try to cancel by submitting a support request.  Depending on where your application is in the certification process, it will work, but may take about one business day for it to happen.

Monday, November 5, 2012 7:23 AM