none
810 schema RRS feed

• Question

• Folks 

I am trying to validate a 810 invoice file using schema provided by Microsoft. I have two questions regarding this

1) In this schema I don't see the ISA segment although the test file seems to have it. Should I add new record to the schema to represent the ISA segment ?

2) The test file seems to strange characters like Á . How should I account for these characters ?

Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:16 PM

Answers

• I found this post https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cf53f2e7-b93e-42e6-85fa-60fdfa9110df/edi-isa-and-ge-segment-are-missing-schema-in-edi-850po?forum=biztalkediandas2 which seems to suggest the ISA segment along with the others are moved by the EDI receive pipeline when processing the incoming message. 
    • Marked as answer by BizTalkAdmin Monday, March 11, 2019 7:57 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2019 7:41 PM
  • You best path forward is to first complete all of the BizTalk EDI Tutorials:

EDI Interface Developer Tutorial

Then review the remaining EDI documentation.

This will answer nearly all of your questions.

Without having that foundation, any Answer you get will just lead to more questions.

• Marked as answer by BizTalkAdmin Monday, March 11, 2019 6:55 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2019 9:15 PM

All replies

• I found this post https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cf53f2e7-b93e-42e6-85fa-60fdfa9110df/edi-isa-and-ge-segment-are-missing-schema-in-edi-850po?forum=biztalkediandas2 which seems to suggest the ISA segment along with the others are moved by the EDI receive pipeline when processing the incoming message. 
    • Marked as answer by BizTalkAdmin Monday, March 11, 2019 7:57 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2019 7:41 PM
  • You best path forward is to first complete all of the BizTalk EDI Tutorials:

EDI Interface Developer Tutorial

Then review the remaining EDI documentation.

This will answer nearly all of your questions.

Without having that foundation, any Answer you get will just lead to more questions.

• Marked as answer by BizTalkAdmin Monday, March 11, 2019 6:55 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2019 9:15 PM