How to connect Azure NoSQL Storage to my Xamarin.Forms App RRS feed

• Question

• User239147 posted

Hi I try to connect my Azure Storage account to my Xamarin.Forms App. I have the tutorial from the azure website programmed. In the tutorial is the class e.g. CloudStorageAccount using. This tutorial was very easy but i can´t using the namespaces in my forms app. I have also created the todo toturial from the azure side. I have choosen my NoSQL Storage. I downloaded the app and i don´t understand the different generated projects. There was only SQL Connections in the projects. It is possible to connect my forms app to my azure storage account like as the console application in the tutorial? https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-blobs/

Saturday, July 9, 2016 8:21 PM

Answers

• User76916 posted

@kamaeleon - You can but it not recommended to connect straight through due to large security concerns.

What you really need is an API that sits in front of it to do authentication and relay data to and from the NoSQL Storage via HttpClient.

Create an APIApp on Azure and develop an API, connecting to your storage via the tutorial you showed.

Then use HttpClient on your Xamarin Forms app to talk to that API and issue commands and receive data.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 10, 2016 1:38 AM