Token signing certificate error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to configure Geneva Server to use our custom certificate rather than the default certificate created during initial configuration. But when I "Add token signing certificate" and select the custom certificate, I keep getting an error :

Error Loading certificate. The specified network password is not correct.

I am at a loss right now because it's not even asking for a password. Is there any help on this issue?
    Thanks.
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hello,

This error message appears when the format of the certificate is PFX and it is protected using a password.

You can work this issue around by re-exporting the certificate to the CER format.

For token-signing certificates, it is important that the certificate you choose is also present in the "Local Machine\My" store with its private key.

I hope this helps,

Ramiro
    • Marked as answer by dahiya Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:22 PM
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:04 PM

All replies

• What format is the certificate file? Pfx?

Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:27 PM
  • Yes.
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:55 PM
  • Hello,

This error message appears when the format of the certificate is PFX and it is protected using a password.

You can work this issue around by re-exporting the certificate to the CER format.

For token-signing certificates, it is important that the certificate you choose is also present in the "Local Machine\My" store with its private key.

I hope this helps,

Ramiro
    • Marked as answer by dahiya Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:22 PM
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:04 PM
  • Assuming that you have the certificate in the LocalMachine\My store, right click the Certificate and select 'All Tasks > Manage Private Keys'.

This will open a security dialog, where you can grant permission to the account that is running the Microsoft "Geneva" Server.

Dave Moyle Systems Architect (FirstMac Ltd)
    Friday, December 11, 2009 5:40 AM