Prepare a company Windows Phone 8.1 app for distribution with TFS

Question

• I want to build and prepare a Windows Phone 8.1 company app (WinRT) for sideloading with TFS. After creating the appx file the build process should fulfill the same steps as the PowerShell script BuildMDILSL81XAP.ps1 does. This includes signing it with the enterprise certificate. How can I automate this whole process with TFS?

This MSDN document describes how to prepare a Windows Phone 8.1 appx for sideloading:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/apps/dn168929%28v=vs.105%29.aspx

Essentially you call a PowerShell script (BuildMDILAPPX.ps1) and hand over the enterprise certificate and the password. The script does its magic and at the end you have a appx ready for deployment. In the document you can also find a short description how to build and sign Windows Phone 8 apps (Silverlight based) with MSBuild but there is no information how to do this for Windows Phone 8.1 apps (WinRT).

It would be nice when the TFS build process fetches the enterprise certificate from the certificate store of the build agent. It should reference it by its thumbnail.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Olaf Prins,

Thank you for posting here.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 8, 2016 2:56 AM