none
Creating a new system or subsystem RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys and gals,

Not 100% if this is the correct forum for this, but it seems as good a place as any.

I am interested in creating a new (operating)system or subsytem. I would like to build this up from a language which I have created, one that has no, to little, dependencies on other languages. I don't want to use any existing compilers, assemblers, or translators, but would imagine I would have to use Machine Language for my specific CPU and possibly other hardware.

I'm not sure if creating a pure independent system or a windows subsytem would be better.

This is about as much as I know, I don't know where to even start for creating the language and then using that language to create a system.

If y'all could suggest some resources for me, or anything else to get me started it would be greatly appreciated!

I am well aware of the undertaking I'm about to take, but this is my calling. I have some big ideas, and unfortunately they are not meant to work with outside influences hindering creativity and growth. (by that I mean limitations of other systems and languages)

Thanks in advance

ForbiddenSoul

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:48 PM

All replies

• Here is an example of my craziness. It doesn't have much technical value, but is the process I imagine would have to be done for creating the lowest level language possible.

I only got as far as defining "explore" in binary, as that was the limitation to regedit's display and clip board access (can export it to .txt and then manually punch in all those 1's and 0's), but all of the languages words have been defined out of 2 base words, one and how, which in this context are binary / hex 01 and 00 respectively.

Craziness

Well this topic is still open for discussion. Hope someone else has wanted to get as close to the lowest level possible (I should word that better),as well.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:41 PM