none
Iam having the same problem. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello

Iam having the same problem.

I tried these solutions and validating schema and testing maps all runs well but when I build and Deploy and try to pass a MSG to the pipe that runs this map hit returns a error the famose Serialisation error -> unexpected segment.

I´m new at biztalk 2006 R2 or any biztalk Stick out tongue but in the documentation of biztalk they say that we can modify existing Schemas, but till now I was unable to do this. I´m using the D01B schema.

So I´m running out off Ideias...

Can You help?

Monday, October 29, 2007 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    "I tried these solutions..." - what solutions?
    Pipeline does not use the maps. It's port using the maps. Could you, please, give more details? And the whole error text, please.
    Monday, October 29, 2007 2:41 PM
  • Sorry for this post of.

I was trying to post this question in another post.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2198855&SiteID=1

also one of your "Leonid Ganeline".

your are right about the port but that´s not the question. the question referes about the possibility of changing a alredy existing schema, a change the schema using notepad or even using visual studio tools and i can test the schema and the map and all runs well but when I build the Biztalk solution and deploy and go for testing the applicatin it dosent work  it gives out the serialization error of unexpected segment ( the segment that I added).

I'am trying to alter the D01B schema that's provided in biztalk.

if you can help I hould apreciated

Thx in advanced

Nuno Bairro 

Monday, October 29, 2007 3:01 PM
  • Looks like the schema is not renewed.
    I'm sure you've restarted the host.
    Sometimes the restart VS helps, sometimes only restart the comp helps (very occasionally).
    Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Hello,

duplication of EDIFACT segments inside an EDIFACT schema works fine. I can do this easily, and when inside Visual studio I "Test Map" I get no errors and the generated output is what I need. The problem is that the behavior inside Visual Studio or the Biztalk runtime environment is very diferent. After deploying the this MAP to Biztalk, when I try to use the map the error "Unexpected Segment" is generated to the segment I duplicate.

It seems that the Biztalk runtime checks the EDIFACT changed Schema against the original.

Is there any solution for this problem?

please note we already restarted the Host instance and the Pc and the VS , ande never had good results.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:21 PM
  • Could you localize the problem?
    Say deploy the original schema without an error then step by step change-deploy it to get the error?
    Thursday, November 1, 2007 2:48 PM
  • Tomorow I will try to replicate the error then i will post back where the specified error.

thx in advanced.

Thursday, November 1, 2007 7:02 PM
  •  

During the build and Deploy there were no error both build and deploy succeded.

this are the errors after the test in the biztalk application.

this are the tree errors that outputs in the event log.

the second error, below, is the same as it appears in the biztalk explorer.

----------------------------

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006 EDI
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8116
    Date:  02-11-2007
    Time:  10:07:04
    User:  N/A
    Computer: BTDEV
    Description:
    Error: 1 (Segment level error)
     SegmentID: MOA
     Position in TS: 211
     2: Unexpected segment

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event ID: 5720
    Time:  10:07:04
    Description:
    There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "renova.pipelines.PipeSendMimeEDI, pipelines, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=91ce7d1d964faf86" Source: "MIME/SMIME encoder" Send Port: "Test" URI: "nuno.bairro@renova.pt" Reason: Error in serialization

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event ID: 5754
    Time:  10:07:05
    Description:
    A message sent to adapter "SMTP" on send port "Test" with URI "nuno.bairro@renova.pt" is suspended.
     Error details: There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "renova.pipelines.PipeSendMimeEDI, pipelines, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=91ce7d1d964faf86" Source: "MIME/SMIME encoder" Send Port: "Test" URI: "nuno.bairro@renova.pt" Reason: Error in serialization 
     MessageId:  {3CF8160C-9EAE-4DCA-87DE-7204E6D40E75}
     InstanceID: {37B7226E-02FC-4C78-B856-C009F19DF8DA}

if you whant i can give you the schema in question so you can take a look.

thx in advanced

Nuno Bairro

If you  can give a email so we can exchange emails i whould apreciate.

Friday, November 2, 2007 10:21 AM
  • Hi Nuno,

The first event is an "initiating event" with real error. The others are the followers.
    The error means the message instance (the transaction set) has error in the structure, it can not be serialized with this schema.
    Get this message, then validate instance with this message as an input message. When you localize the message, usually it is easy to understand what is wrong.
    If this message is in a batch you'd rather exclude the erroneous message out in separate file.

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:39 PM
  • Hello leonid,

This is map is use to send Invoices, so I used the same msg that I use to Test Map in visual studio. That's why it is so strange because wen I test the map in visual studio with this msg, or any other, it goes every thing well.

Description:
    Error: 1 (Segment level error)
     SegmentID: MOA
     Position in TS: 211
     2: Unexpected segment

Segment MOA was the segment that I Manualy added so I think that biztalk has way to compare the original schema with the altered one...so I think...could be wrong.

I have simplified the msg and tested again and still gives this error so I think that it's not from a msg that I'm trying to send.

Thx in advanced

Nuno Bairro

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:40 AM
  • Double check you use the same test message and schemas in VS testing and "after-deploy" testing.
    Sometimes the VS soes not refresh schema then restart VS to make sure it uses the renewed schema.

Is this message independed or in the batch?
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:17 PM
  • the message is a simple flat file produce by SAP its a IDOC file.

i Restarted the pc and still gives the error.

for now we have give up, we altered the SAP job that produces the IDOC so that we dont need to use another extra MOA in the schema.

if you give me your email and i will send you the schema so that you can alter the schema and you can test it if possible.

If you whant I will send also a Idoc and the other schema and the map  that I use so you can see.

Thx for you help

regards

Nuno Bairro

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:23 PM