USB Mass Storage Support RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to have the SD Card in my mobile device exposed to a nearby PC\LAPTOP thru a USB connection (not thru active sync, but it should appear as a new drive like the drive created while inserting a USB stick to the device).

What all components would i need to develop for this. Say this is a device having Win Mobile OS ?

I'am Embedded in the Embedded.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:36 PM

Answers

• That is because they are created by OEMs for specific hardware and are part of the OS. There's little chance you will be able to create something like this which works on any device – not to mention it requires great deal of experience with OS and driver development. It might even not be possible at all unless you’re an OEM creating the device OS. I would say it’s not something average developer can really do in a reasonable amount of time.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 23, 2009 6:00 PM

All replies

• Some drivers do exist by now, so you can check them out if they are open sourced to see an example ...
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:17 PM
  • I think non of them provide source code..
    I'am Embedded in the Embedded.
    Monday, March 23, 2009 5:49 PM
  • That is because they are created by OEMs for specific hardware and are part of the OS. There's little chance you will be able to create something like this which works on any device – not to mention it requires great deal of experience with OS and driver development. It might even not be possible at all unless you’re an OEM creating the device OS. I would say it’s not something average developer can really do in a reasonable amount of time.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 23, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Hi Prasad,

Have you done this already?

I also need this.

THanks.

Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Yes I had done it. Please let me know if you need help.
    I got Embedded in the Embedded. **************************************** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:58 PM