Office Add-in for single spreadsheet/document RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have been writing and maintaining several VBA spreadsheets used by my company and me personally for years now. I would like to re-write them all using newer technology and to allow them to work in the online Excel.

Each spreadsheet does some fairly basic number crunching - too complex for functions but simple enough for VBA. From what I can tell I can write an add-in for Excel that applies to a document type (xls, xlsx etc) or to an application (Excel, Word etc). Is it possible to create an add-in for a single document. As we all know VBA is embedded in the macro enabled spreadsheet, so the logic travels with the file and only that file. I can write an add-in to do what I need, but I was wanting it to only be available to a single document.

I am not having much luck in finding an answer for this. I might figure it out when I get stuck into doing the various tutorials available, but I wanted to know if I was barking up the wrong tree sooner rather than later.

Cheers.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Cheers,

>> I can write an add-in to do what I need, but I was wanting it to only be available to a single document.

In my option, Office add-in is corresponding to a single document. After you publish your Office add-in, the document would not have office add-in if you do not insert it from My Add-ins. If you have inserted one office add-in for one document, other documents would not have add-ins except you insert it manually again.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:47 AM