Moving Office 2003 to my new computer RRS feed

• Question

• I have Office Professional 2003 installed on my old computer.  I want to uninstall it and move it to my new computer.  I have the serial number, but I don't have a CD as I downloaded it when I originally purchased it.  Where can I find a download to instal it on my new computer?
    Friday, October 7, 2011 5:46 PM

Answers

• bethany.r-s

I was hoping someone else with more Windows experience would have posted a reply for this but I'll try to help.

If you downloaded Project 2003, (or any other app for that matter), it would have been stored on your computer as probably a .exe file or a .iso file. For example, when I downloaded Project 2010 it was put in my user/download folder (I use an iMac) as, en_project_professional_2010_x86_515560.exe. Some applications download as disk image files with a .iso extension. In your case if Windows has a downloads folder, look there for the basic Project 2003 file. If not, try a search on your hard drive. Once you find the file, you should be able to burn it to a CD or DVD, depending on how large it is and then transfer that over to your new computer.

However, if you bought Project 2003 as an upgrade then things get a lot more complicated because you will also need the previous version of Project (i.e. Project 98, 2000 or 2002) on your new computer before you can apply the upgrade to Project 2003. If you have the original CD for that earlier version, you should be good to go. But, if you also downloaded the earlier version, then I assume you need to go though a similar process as described above for the older version.

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by Mike Glen Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:36 PM
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 2:42 AM