[UWP]Architectures When Creating App Packages RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating the App Packages for my first Universal (Windows 10) App. Which architectures (x86/x64/ARM) should I select on the Select and Configure Packages page during this process? By default, it looks like they are all checked, but when I tried creating the packages that way, it created 3 packages (one for each architecture). Will the Dev Center have me upload all three of the *.appxupload files? With Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 I just needed one *.appxupload for any cpu. I am a little bit confused about what architectures I should select, both while writing code and debugging, and now while creating App Packages. Should I select different architectures depending on whether my app is intended for phones, desktops/tablets, or both? Are there any good sites on when to use what architectures? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

• Moved by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, November 10, 2015 2:59 AM UWP related.
    Saturday, November 7, 2015 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hello Nathan Solanki,

>>I am creating the App Packages for my first Universal (Windows 10) App. Which architectures (x86/x64/ARM) should I select on the Select and Configure Packages page during this process?

Please see: Packaging Universal Windows apps for Windows 10

"Make sure you select all three architecture configurations (x86, x64, and ARM) in the Select and Configure Packages dialog. That way your app can be deployed to the widest range of devices. In the Generate app bundle listbox, select Always. This makes the store submission process much simpler because you will only have one file to upload (.appxupload). The single bundle will contain all the necessary packages to deploy to devices with each processor architecture."

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by Krunal Parekh Friday, November 13, 2015 2:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Krunal Parekh Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:40 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Nathan Sokalski,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Since your problem is more related to UWP, I will help you move this thread to Developing Universal Windows apps forum for a better help.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 2:59 AM
  • Hello Nathan Solanki,

>>I am creating the App Packages for my first Universal (Windows 10) App. Which architectures (x86/x64/ARM) should I select on the Select and Configure Packages page during this process?

Please see: Packaging Universal Windows apps for Windows 10

"Make sure you select all three architecture configurations (x86, x64, and ARM) in the Select and Configure Packages dialog. That way your app can be deployed to the widest range of devices. In the Generate app bundle listbox, select Always. This makes the store submission process much simpler because you will only have one file to upload (.appxupload). The single bundle will contain all the necessary packages to deploy to devices with each processor architecture."

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by Krunal Parekh Friday, November 13, 2015 2:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Krunal Parekh Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:40 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:16 AM