none
Personalization/Desktop backgrounds not available RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a basic WES7 image and trying to change the desktop background.  Right clicking on the desktop, there is no "Personalize" option in the menu as there is in the desktop Win7.  Similarly in Control Panel > Appearance, the personalize option is missing.  I'm not usnig any custom theme settings.

Is there a package I need to include in order to access personalization?  I have tried changing registry keys but the desktop is always solid blue.

Thanks,

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:44 PM

Answers

• System Control Panel

Feature Set Packages > User Interface > Windows Shell > 

This package is a Feature Pack in the category User Interface\Windows Shell. The name of the package as it appears on disk and for use with some command-line tools is WinEmb-SystemControlPanel.

This package includes Control Panel and items such as Display, Personalization, and System. Additional items for Control Panel are provided by their respective feature set packages.

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany

• Marked as answer by njlavigne Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:28 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:40 PM

All replies

• i pretty sure its included in

Feature Set Packages > User Interface > Windows Shell > Shell Fundation

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:47 PM
  • The Shell Foundation package is included in my build, and the Themes service seems to be running.  Desktop is still solid blue.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:15 PM
  • System Control Panel

Feature Set Packages > User Interface > Windows Shell > 

This package is a Feature Pack in the category User Interface\Windows Shell. The name of the package as it appears on disk and for use with some command-line tools is WinEmb-SystemControlPanel.

This package includes Control Panel and items such as Display, Personalization, and System. Additional items for Control Panel are provided by their respective feature set packages.

• Marked as answer by njlavigne Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:28 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:40 PM
  • Thanks, that did the trick.  If only ICE's search worked that well.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:28 PM
  • Thanks, that did the trick.  If only ICE's search worked that well.

Hitting F1 was all the magic.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:54 AM