none
Error Configuring ADFS Proxy RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am building a Office 365 lab in Azure following this link: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt782989.aspx

I installed: DC1, APP1 (Azure AD connect installed on it), Client 1, ADFS, Proxy server. Everything went well until I got an error when trying to configure AD FS Proxy. 

I am getting following error:

An Error occurred when attempting to establish a trust relationship with federation service. Error:" The remote name could not be resolved: 'fs.testlab.exchangeandsave.com'.

I purchased exchagneandsave.com with godaddy. I added testlab.exchangeandsave.com to my O365 tenant.

I created self signed cert as directed. I added a record to my domain fs.testlab.exchangeandsave.com pointing to public IP address of my proxy server.

I am not sure what to do next to bypass this error. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nermin

• Edited by NerkoIT Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:53 PM Added inserted photo
    • Moved by SadiqhAhmed-MSFTMicrosoft employee Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:48 AM Better suited in O365 forum - For appropriate assistance
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:50 PM

All replies

• Create a HOST file record on your WAP (ADFS Proxy) server pointing to the ADFS Server.  

The public IP must resolve to the WAP server, but internally (and from the proxy server) it must resolve to the actual ADFS server.

Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:17 PM
  • I added host record on my ADFS Proxy as following:

ADFS PIP pointing to actual name of adfs server in this format: adfs.corp.domain.com, but I am getting the same error.

Thanks,

NS

Monday, September 18, 2017 4:14 PM