MPP freezes on creation of new project from template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As the title suggests my MPP freezes when I try to create a new project from a template on Project Server. It starts loading and never stops. I created the template myself and I have been able to create new projects from it. I recently installed SP1, but I cannot be sure if that is the problem.

I checked the ULS logs on the server and found nothing out of the ordinary.

Does anybody have any idea or a suggestion on what I can try?

Thanks,

Quint

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:36 AM

Answers

• One of the support team users found the solution. She cleared her cache and after that she was able to open projects from the template again.

Quint.

Friday, August 26, 2011 5:29 PM

All replies

• Not sure what is wrong with your template but see if you can save the template as an .xml file and then resave it to server.  Also check the contents of your template, do you have scripts, macros etc attached? 
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:42 PM
  • Hi John,

Do you know of any other way of opening the template, other than be creating a new project from it? As far as I know, creating a new project from it is the only way to see what is inside the template.

Regards,

Quint

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:45 PM
  • One of the support team users found the solution. She cleared her cache and after that she was able to open projects from the template again.

Quint.

Friday, August 26, 2011 5:29 PM