Is anyone (Hackers) can decrypt to my UWP package (.appxbundle) ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need to know can anyone get source code from my UWP package (.appxbundle) through any third party tool or from any other way. If yes, How can we save our source code from hackers.

Thanks

Sandeep 

sandeep chauhan

Monday, February 11, 2019 1:46 PM

Answers

• The Appxbundle doesn't contain your source code unless you specifically include it as content. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:17 AM

All replies

• The Appxbundle doesn't contain your source unless you specifically include it as content. Presumably you'd only do so if you want to share the source. The exception is Javascript apps since they aren't compiled so the source is content. In that case you can host the Javascript on your server and ship a HWA. Appxbundle format is documented-it's a zip container with specific contents. Anybody can open one, and your app.will be extracted when it is installed.
    Monday, February 11, 2019 4:44 PM
  • Hi Rob

Thanks for reply!

It means no one can get my c# source code (methods, classes and view models) right ? No one can make copy of my project ?

sandeep chauhan

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:09 AM
  • The Appxbundle doesn't contain your source code unless you specifically include it as content. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:17 AM
  • >The Appxbundle doesn't contain your source code unless you specifically include it as content. 

Is the OP perhaps worried about someone using a tool like .NET Reflector to trivially decompile the installed software and obtain C#
    code that way?

Dave

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:43 AM
  • Hi Dave

Yes I tried with .Net Reflector, UWP DLLs not be able to decompile the source code. But this .Net Reflector tool able to decompile console service's dll which I tried.

It means UWP's dll is more secure. 

sandeep chauhan

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:45 AM