VSPackage Error handling RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a general error handling method I can subscribe to in the VSPackage API?
    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for using MSDN forum.

MSDN library has already has an article about error handling in VS package:

Error Handling and Return Values

Hope it helps.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    See what's happening in MSDN forum? Follow us at Twitter.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 7:39 AM
  • I am writing to follow up this issue. Please let me know if you need other help from me. Thanks.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    See what's happening in MSDN forum? Follow us at Twitter.
    Friday, April 2, 2010 7:11 AM
  • i'm exetremly intrested in this topic.

I checked that link, , not as helpful as i've expected. it simply tells us that we can use GetErrorInfo and SetErrorInfo to make the error visible for both our package and COM objects.

What i'm really interested,, is that,, is there a maner that we can use the register a global error handling machnaism, like,,

we define a ErrorHandling method in our package, and if there is any <b>unhandled</b> exception happens, visual studio will call it

thus we won't make visual studio crash anymore..

Thanks, B.C.
    Friday, January 28, 2011 8:43 AM