How to write discovery and enrollment web service in windows Phone MDM RRS feed

All replies

• Definitely a web server issue.  404 meaning that the service isn't available - can you access that URL from IE?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Thanks,

Yes I am able to access that URL from IE. 

In WP8_Enterprise_Device_Management_Protocol 404 error means

404 – No CNAME DNS record was registered.

But enterpriseenrollment.domain-name/EnrollmentServer/Discover.scv is accessible I am really suck not able to understand why this error is coming. I have given my machine name as enterpriseenrollment.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:50 AM
  • Hi Matt,

The service can be hit on the same url using a web-form. In addition the device initiated 2 GET requests sent to the server succeed with a 200 0 0.

The POST request returns with a 404 0 0, even though the service is verymuch present and up. All device and server interaction is happening on HTTPS, and I am using a self signed SSL certificate. The Root CA and the SSL Certificates are installed on the device.

One correction in the above post: The URL is like:

enterpriseenrollment.domain-name/EnrollmentServer/Discover.svc

I have a A record on the public DNS pointing to my server's IP address.

Please advice if there is any settings that I am missing on the IIS or otherwise.

Thanks

Monday, October 21, 2013 7:15 AM