VS 2013 Extending: managing class from an item RRS feed

• Question

• What I'm trying to do it's, i think, kinda complex, but i've spent hours trying to find the right documentation, about the interfaces I need to achieve this with no luck:
    I need VS write some javascript code and insert it in a certain folder, starting from:

• Right click action, on a file from an already created project.
    • A window it's open that gets information about the functions from that class in that file that i've right clicked. Besides, it should have a dropdown, with all the names of classes that reside under a certain folder.
    • If I select an item from this dd and press the "ok" button, the IDE should write some code, using the properties of this selected class, and the functions from the right-clicked file, as information, to create the javascript file and save it into the project on a certain folder of it.

I've achieved some parts of this process:

• I know how to create an option into a context menu, using the initialize function.
    • Partially, I know how to create new files in a project.
    • I know how to create a window tool and almost all the interfaces that are needed for what I want to achieve (make dropdowns and that kind of stuff).

But the critical part is managing the already created classes and gather info from them in the manner I need.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Oliver,

>>managing the already created classes and gather info from them

You could get class information from CodeClass2 inferface.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by DotNet Wang Thursday, December 10, 2015 7:13 AM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 2:36 AM
  • thank you very much. I was checking the interface. it looks pretty good because I use DTE to have a reference of the VS running instance. I'll be testing it and i'll comment if was useful. Maybe I'll publish my package :D thank you again Li Wang
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:33 PM