none
Changing shortcut for "Go To..."

Question

• Hi,

I am struggling to change the shortcut of "Go To..." from <Ctrl+G> to <Ctrl+L> (Global). In Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 (windows 10), I went to Tools->Environment-Keyboard and went to "Edit.GoTo" and assigned <Ctrl+L> (which did some delete line thing).

It appears to have changed it in the Edit menu, saying "Go To...  Ctrl+L". However, when I press Ctrl+L it still does the old delete line thing and only Ctrl+g works as goto. What did I forget to do? 

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Fabrica,

Please choose Text Editor, then press Ctrl+L, please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 11, 2016 5:18 AM
  • Hi,

I am struggling to change the shortcut of "Go To..." from <Ctrl+G> to <Ctrl+L> (Global). In Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 (windows 10), I went to Tools->Environment-Keyboard and went to "Edit.GoTo" and assigned <Ctrl+L> (which did some delete line thing).

It appears to have changed it in the Edit menu, saying "Go To...  Ctrl+L". However, when I press Ctrl+L it still does the old delete line thing and only Ctrl+g works as goto. What did I forget to do? 

Thanks!

Regardless of what you do if something else already uses Ctrl+L and you don't get notified that Ctrl+L is already used by some other method wherever you try to alter GoTo then issues are going to occur.

La vida loca

Friday, November 11, 2016 5:29 AM