none
Cannot create ActiveX Component - Windows Server 2016 + Excel 2016 32bits RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

I have a dll Library that works nice with Windows Server 2008/Excel 2013 32 bits, but fails with Windows Server 2016 + Excel 2016 32 bits, showing the following message: Cannot Create Active Component (I can compile the VBA code test without error).

I created a VB6 EXE app to test that dll and it worked nice on WinServer 2016.

Many thanks for any kind of help.

Best regards,

Ciro

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Oric,

Have you checked this post? You could try to check if he information in the registry have been deleted or corrupted.               

Best Regards,

Bruce

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:24 AM
  • Hi Oric,

I can see that this thread is still open and you did not posted on this thread since last 10 days.
    is your issue is solved now?

Best Regards,

Bruce

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, October 29, 2018 10:29 AM
  • Hi Bruce!

Thank you to reply.

Unfortunately I still can not find a solution.

The "ActiveX" is actually a dll installed with vb6 setup. My app_test (an vb6 app) can run the dll.

I can not understand why the dll does not work if calling from Excel VBA.

Ciro

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:57 PM