none
Unable to load list of online extentions an updates

Question

• Hi,

When I want to install extentions I get an error when loading the Online Extetions list. Any kown issues?

• Edited by CGurra Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:43 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:43 AM

Answers

• Edit: My "solution" was just a coincidence ... on my other PCs, without making this change, the VS Gallery just started working.  Must have been something on Microsoft's end!

----------------------------

CGurra ... I was able to get the Visual Studio Extensions and Updates to work!

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE , I opened devenv.exe.config in Notepad and searched for the <system.net> tag. In there was a setting: <ipv6 enabled="true">. I changed that setting to "false" and saved.  I then re-started Visual Studio 2015 (Enterprise Update 2), and the Visual Studio Gallery Online is now working as usual. The timeout error is gone. I have no idea what changed to cause it to fail for the last 2 days.

Roy

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:47 PM

All replies

• I'm experiencing the same timeout error as posted above from Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Update 2, and it occurs on 4 different PCs. I can go to the service's web url in a browser and the service responds as expected. I'm not behind a proxy. The Visual Studio Extensions and Updates -> Samples Gallery lights up with samples just fine, but Visual Studio Gallery (on 4 different client machines running Visual Studio) times out as depicted in CGurra's post above.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:33 PM
  • Edit: My "solution" was just a coincidence ... on my other PCs, without making this change, the VS Gallery just started working.  Must have been something on Microsoft's end!

----------------------------

CGurra ... I was able to get the Visual Studio Extensions and Updates to work!

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE , I opened devenv.exe.config in Notepad and searched for the <system.net> tag. In there was a setting: <ipv6 enabled="true">. I changed that setting to "false" and saved.  I then re-started Visual Studio 2015 (Enterprise Update 2), and the Visual Studio Gallery Online is now working as usual. The timeout error is gone. I have no idea what changed to cause it to fail for the last 2 days.

Roy

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:47 PM