Can I force rejection or cancel pointer that are pressed? RRS feed

• Question

• Can I force a touch pointer to not be tracked anymore?  I would like to make a grid that when pointers are pressed in it for the pointer to be rejected and not tracked by the hardware.  So like when a hand is down on the screen other pointers will work off of this grid?  Is this possible?  I know the iPad is capable of this.

SB Software Developer

• Edited by Sacha Bwin Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:30 PM Clarity
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the scenario you are trying to achieve? Do you mean you want to make the grid can only have single touch interaction at a time. If so, you can refer to this thread below:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/123e9381-fc0b-441e-a738-dcd35f526a6e/how-to-disable-multitouch?forum=winappswithcsharp

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by Anne Jing Monday, November 18, 2013 8:50 AM edit
    Monday, November 18, 2013 8:49 AM
  • Well not exactly, I want a place they can put their palm on. When the palm goes down it registers too many points and the rest will not register a PointerPressed event or anything.

SB Software Developer

Monday, November 18, 2013 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

Can you describe your question in detail and more clearly?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:48 AM