none
Using Biztalk with AS 400 MQ Series RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone - I am working on a solution which involves data integration between Dynamics AX and AS 400 MQ Series, Biztalk is a natural fit here, I have a few concerns though,

I have found out from one of the books that if you want to use the Biztalk adapter for AS 400 MQ Series, it has to be via HIS and that this process is not very efficient, I need near real time data availablity
    from MQ Series to Dynamics AX. Does anyone has any inputs about this.

What kind of latency, throughput do we have here.

What about configuring the MQ Series adapter, is it easy, efficient and reliable?

Thanks in advance.

/SKD
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think you need HIS to connect to MQ Sries form BizTalk, I worked on a project a while ago where we did that.

Quite a lot of the HIS functionality is now implemented in the "Adapters for Host Systems" package.

There are currently two MQ Series adapters:

WebSphere MQ - I think this requires MQ Series on the Windows side (could be expensive)

WebSphere MQ (Client Based) - Part of the Adapters for Host Systems (HIS functionality) dosnt require MQ Series Windows side.

More info here:

http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/adapters-host.aspx

(It was s long while since I dis this in a projct, things could have changed). 

There's info on the BizTalk - Dynamics AX integration here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=fb4a979e-cce1-4542-8188-4e8592031da2&displaylang=en

Regards,

Alan

BloggersGuides.net
    Friday, February 27, 2009 8:22 AM
  • Configuring the MQ Series adapter in ports is fairly complicated and often requires a considerable amount of testing and configuration. The error messages propagated up from the WebSphere MQ libraries is often not very descriptive so if you have any issues using it, post here and we can help you diagnose the problems.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 5:29 AM