Grouping Conditional Formatting RRS feed

• Question

• I have a webpart that I added some conditional formatting to but only not all conditions are applying as expected. I would like to apply multiple conditions to change the background color to Yellow or Red depending on the current Status and which deadline date is next is approaching.

Tasks     -    Deadline
    Parpare   -    DetRevDate
    Review    -    PtrRevDate

The deadline dates come due in a sequential order, 1st "DetRevDate", then "PtrRevDate". 

Here is what I am trying to do,

1. If the file is not Prepared by the DetRevDate or its not Reviewed by the PtrRevDate color Yellow - (IF DetRevDate=CurrentDate AND Status=Assigned) OR (IF PtrRevDate=CurrentDate AND Status=Prepared OR Mgr Rev'd OR, Mgr Queries Cleared) then Yellow
    2. If either due dates pass then color Red - (IF DetRevDate<CurrentDate AND Status=Assigned) OR (IF PtrRevDate<CurrentDate AND Status=Prepared OR Mgr Rev'd OR, Mgr Queries Cleared) then Red

I am trying to use the grouping feature which works when filtering but is not working with Conditional Formatting. It seems if I only use the first group of conditions in each color conditional formatting it works but i can't get both colors to work when adding the 2nd date comparison.

Stunpals - Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:28 PM

Answers

• Funny, that is what I came up with before posting but that wasnt working either. There may be been something wrong in the webpart though.

I have since created a new webpart and repeated the separeted conditional formatting and it appears to be working, but I have not tried every senario yet but so far its good.

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Friday, November 2, 2012 8:15 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi

i don't think that second conditions are oK

I will use something like this, to make it more clear

DET _REV_DATE   less CurrentDate           AND

STATUS                    Equalts    ASsigned

OR

PTR_REV_DATE       LessThan      Current date AND

STATUS          equals   Prepared

OR

STATUS          equals   Prepared

OR

STATUS          equals   Mgr_Rev

OR

STATUS          equals   Mgr_Querie...

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:07 AM
  • Funny, that is what I came up with before posting but that wasnt working either. There may be been something wrong in the webpart though.

I have since created a new webpart and repeated the separeted conditional formatting and it appears to be working, but I have not tried every senario yet but so far its good.

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Friday, November 2, 2012 8:15 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:11 PM