Smartphone 2003 SE emulator does not connect to internet RRS feed

• Question

• User-884877936 posted
    Hello,

I am having problems connecting to the internet using the Smartphone 2003 SE emulator(the one comes with VS 2005). 
    I tried doing the following (found at http://blog.connectedbits.com/articles/2005/11/28/visual-studio-2005-emulator-connectivity) but still does not work.
  • Install the VM network driver
  • From within VisualStudio, Tools->Options… Device Tools, Devices, select the emulator, click the Properties button
  • On the properties dialog, choose DMA transport and the click Emulator Options button
  • On the options dialog, check “Enable NE2000 PCMCIA network adaptor and bind to:” and choose “Connected network card”
  • Now close the dialogs and launch the emulator (Tools->Connect to Device… / Connect / OK, or just click the toolbar button on the 2nd row that looks like a little PPC with a 110v plug)
  • From within the emulator image (2003SE edition for this example), Start->Settings->More…->Data Connections, Menu->Edit Connections->Proxy Connections, Menu->Add.
  • Add the new proxy: “Proxy” Connects from: “Work”, Connects to: “The Internet”, and choose Done. Then, Done, Done, Done, Done

I keep getting this error "the requested url could not be retrieved" when starting the Internet Explorer from the emulator.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Any help is greatly appreciated!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:09 PM

All replies

• User731069546 posted
    Check the steps I listed in response to your other question. With those, I can access internet using Pocket PC 2003 emulator.
    Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:55 AM
  • User907266268 posted

If you cradle the device does ActiveSync / Mobile Device Center see the connection?

Cheers,
    Colin

Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:59 PM
  • User-884877936 posted
    Hello.
    Thank you for responding!
    No. It says "not connected" when I go to select Start\ActiveSync on the device.  And If
    I go even further within the same screen by selecting Menu\Connect via DMA, it also says "not connected"
    Do you have any suggestions?

Also, which emulator works for you?
    Monday, April 2, 2007 8:53 AM