none
Include Microsoft Document Explorer in My Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Where can I download the Microsoft Document Explorer from? and how to include it in my C# project to use as my Help Viewer?

Thanks,

Jassim

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jassim Rahma,

>> Where can I download the Microsoft Document Explorer from?

Microsoft Document Explorer only gets installed with our earlier Visual Studio 2002-2008 developer products and some SDKs. HelpStudio Lite is specifically intended for supporting Visual Studio add-ins. Could you confirm that you have a Visual Studio product installed? When Visual Studio 2008 is installed, you should also see "Microsoft Document Explorer 2008" in Programs and Features or (Add/Remove Programs if you're running XP).

>> and how to include it in my C# project to use as my Help Viewer?

The Help2 object is used to programmatically control Microsoft Document Explorer. The Help2 object is a child of DTE in its object hierarchy and can be accessed by using the late-bound DTE.Help property in Visual Studio macros and add-ins. In VSPackages the Help2 object is obtained through the SVsHelp service.

For more information about Programmatically Interacting with Document Explorer

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb165716%28v=vs.90%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards,

Cole Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:14 AM
  • so I can / should include it in my application? or it comes a s part of windows and all I need is just to call it?
    Monday, August 8, 2016 3:44 PM
  • Hi Jassim Rahma,

>>so I can / should include it in my application? or it comes a s part of windows and all I need is just to call it?

It will comes a s part of windows by programmatically Interacting with it.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:16 AM
  • then how can I interact with it? how can I create the help files? where to save it?

is there any online guide resources other than then MSDN link above?

Thursday, August 11, 2016 1:22 PM
  • Hi Jassim Rahma,

Thank you for feedback.

>>how can I interact with it?

You can use VSPackage tool window to display help topic.

>>how can I create the help files?

The MSDN documentation are explained in detail. Please see it https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms524279(v=vs.85).aspx

I hope the reply would be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:55 AM