none
Web Publish Crashes Wifi for everyone

Question

• This is a weird one, IMO.  I normally can find any answer I need by searching but this one is stumping me. 

I am developing a MVC web app and publishing it to azure.  Any time I publish the app using the web-publish it gets about 500kb in to the upload, then everything stops as far as internet traffic.  About 30 seconds later the wifi on my router crashes and everyone attached to it looses their internet connection.  The only fix is to power down the router.  When I do the same action on my laptop it publishes fine with no router issues, both are over wifi.  I can get it to publish using the ftp publish but I find that incredibly slow.

The router is a TP-Link C7, all firmware is up to date.  I am using VS2015.  I am on xplornet Satellite internet.  Windows 10 anniversary.  D link usb wifi on my desktop with the publish issues.  I have not yet tried to complete this action with a wired connection to the router.

Thanks

Mike

<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"default","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":false}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>
    • Edited by MikeDCooper Saturday, January 07, 2017 2:52 PM
    Saturday, January 07, 2017 2:41 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the response.  I did not know that azure became a router like it does.

I ended up replacing the router and all my issues are gone.  I thought it was odd that performing the same action with the same project on one computer did not cause an issue bot on another it did.  Maybe just the combo of bad router and wifi card was the magic combination.

Thanks again

Mike

<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"default","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":false}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi MikeDCooper,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

According to your description, your problem seems mostly related to your router and internet environment. Since it could be published successful from your laptop, I suggest you compare your laptop environment with the problem machine, whether there has any other third part software installed that causes this issue.

In addition, please try change another router and wifi to check whether this issue related to the router or internet.

And according to following document, it mentioned that "Azure infrastructure takes on the role of the router". Please check whether some azure settings affect your router.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/virtual-networks-overview

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 09, 2017 3:15 AM
  • Thanks for the response.  I did not know that azure became a router like it does.

I ended up replacing the router and all my issues are gone.  I thought it was odd that performing the same action with the same project on one computer did not cause an issue bot on another it did.  Maybe just the combo of bad router and wifi card was the magic combination.

Thanks again

Mike

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:45 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I'm glad that you have resolved your problem and thanks for sharing your solution here. Please mark your reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same issue.

If any questions about Visual Studio IDE in future, please feel free to come back to our forum.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:40 AM