Multiple mirroring configurations. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

as we are looking to a HA-solution for our SQL-environment we're expecially looking for Clustering or Mirroring.

Because we're the central IT-departement for diferent departements in our company we have at this moment seperate SQL-severs for each departement.

The problem is that there is no HA-option configured for none of them.

The mirroring-solution looks the best option for us. But even when we consolidate our bunch of SQL-servers,  we end up with 2 machines.

The question is, is it possible to have a single server who can serve as 'mirror' for 2 'principals'?

The idea is to set up a seperate mirror configuration (one witness, one principal and one mirror in each config)  for the 2 production servers but where the mirror is serving in both the configurations?

Does anyone have an idea if this is possible, recommendable, supported,... ?

other suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks in advance.

Joeri

Sunday, March 18, 2007 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Joeri,

You can have one server to host mirror databases that have principal databases on different servers.

It will just be separate database mirroring sessions.

regards

Jag

Monday, March 19, 2007 12:58 PM
  • Joeri

Yes it is possible and you can achieve high availability for the databases provided the solution you want to deploy based upon the service delivery option you choose. If you need I can help you in this regard, drop me an email where you will get from my signature strip (website).

Monday, March 19, 2007 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Joeri,

You can have one server to host mirror databases that have principal databases on different servers.

It will just be separate database mirroring sessions.

regards

Jag

Monday, March 19, 2007 12:58 PM
  • Joeri

Yes it is possible and you can achieve high availability for the databases provided the solution you want to deploy based upon the service delivery option you choose. If you need I can help you in this regard, drop me an email where you will get from my signature strip (website).

Monday, March 19, 2007 3:18 PM