none
Applying Custom Master Page to the Page Layout in SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have 3 Page Layouts. In that two page Layouts are using default master page i.e. settle.master

But We Created 3 page Layout,we need to apply custom master page for this page Layout. By default it's taking settle.master page.

How can i do this?Can any one suggest me...

Thanks in Advance...

Friday, January 23, 2015 11:30 AM

Answers

• Publishing Page Layouts are hard coded to use whatever has been set as the Custom.master (otherwise known as he Site master) for the site.  Its easy to change what master page that is, but you can only change it for all page layouts.  There is no easy way in a publishing environment to have a custom master that is used for just one page layout.  For regular pages you can change the @page declaration in the code of the page to use a specific master page.  But page layouts are hard coded in the page layout class to use the custom.master.  Any change you make to the @page declaration will be ignored.

To change the current Site master simply access Site Settings > Master pages (in the Look and Feel section).  ON that page you will see a drop down that lets you change the site master.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

• Proposed as answer by Sudip Misra Friday, January 23, 2015 2:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Tao Friday, February 6, 2015 1:47 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2015 1:25 PM