502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Suddenly my application started to give error 502, I am not sure what is the issue I tried various msdn document and all saying error in code or usage but all looks good as it stopped working automatically few hours back it was working fine. I am not sure whats the solution my website is down, looking for quick solution. 

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:06 AM

All replies

• Could you let us know the region on which you have provisioned your WebApp? Do provide more details about your application stack and the subscription you are using?

If you haven’t checked this document Troubleshoot HTTP errors of "502 bad gateway" and "503 service unavailable" in your Azure web apps – you may collect data/logs to fetch more details on the error/sub-status code.

Also, refer the documentation Enable diagnostics logging for web apps in Azure App Service for enabling the logs.

1.If feasible, you may consider restarting the WebApp, and see if it helps.

2.You may Scale Up the App Service Plan to an higher plan as mentioned in this documentation Scale up an app in Azure and check to see if that helps.

3.Leverage App Service diagnostics, it reduces the chance of trial and error and expedites problem resolution by recommending potential solutions.

To access App Service diagnostics, navigate to your App Service app in the Azure portal. In the left navigation, click on Diagnose and solve problems.

4.You could review the Service Health and Resource Health notifications.

The ‘Service Health’ -Service issues view shows any ongoing problems in Azure services that are impacting your resources. You can understand when the issue began, and what services and regions are impacted. You can also read the most recent update to understand what Azure is doing to resolve the issue. See, Azure Service Health

Resource health helps you diagnose and get support when an Azure issue impacts your resources. It informs you about the current and past health of your resources and helps you mitigate issues. Resource health provides technical support when you need help with Azure service issues. See, Azure resource health overview

Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:52 AM
    Owner
  • Checking in to see if the above answer provided by Ajay Kumar .N helped to solve your problem. Let us know if there are still any additional issues we can help with. 

Monday, September 17, 2018 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

Not sure if this is relevant to you but I switched on Application Insights site extension
    using the azure portal and I received the above error on my web site.

I restarted the site but that didn't help, so I switched the site extension off my site started to work again.

Regards,
    Graham
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:22 PM