none
Upgrade XPe run-time image to WES2009 RRS feed

• Question

• As the XPe support has been ended, we want to upgrade our embedded product to WES 2009. The purpose is to just upgrade the run-time image without modifying any applications as far as possible.  The applications are currently running successfully on XPe run-time image.

Unfortunately we don't have XPe Studio machine available now which was used to generate XPe run-time image. We know of two ways by which we can upgrade XPe run-time to WES 2009,

1/ Run tap.exe on XPe run-time image and Export .PMQ file. Import that PMQ file in WES 2009 Studio Target Designer. Add all the required components, applications and build WES 2009 run-time image.

2/ Create clean WES 2009 run-time image and configure everything from scratch.

Question, Is there any smart way we can upgrade XPe run-time image to WES 2009? Without touching any Softwares/application installed? This way we can just upgrade the underlying run-time image and all the components will continue working as it is on XPe.

Any help, reference, article is appreciated.

Thanks,

Please vote as helpful if my question/answer help you finding your solution.

• Edited by jdp12383 Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:12 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:11 PM

Answers

• If you have all the build files (Configuration file SLX and components SLD) from XPe, you can re-create the configuration file and re-use the components in WES2009.

Otherwise, you have to start from scratch. In either case, you will need a WES2009 build system.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, April 8, 2016 3:53 AM

All replies

• If you have all the build files (Configuration file SLX and components SLD) from XPe, you can re-create the configuration file and re-use the components in WES2009.

Otherwise, you have to start from scratch. In either case, you will need a WES2009 build system.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, April 8, 2016 3:53 AM
  • Thanks Sean Liming for your response.

Unfortunately we have neither the build files nor the XPe Studio Development machine available which was used to generate XPe run-time image.

With that I think we don't have any other way except two I listed in my main thread.

Thanks,

Please vote as helpful if my question/answer help you finding your solution.

Friday, April 8, 2016 4:36 PM