What are the possible framework for CodedUI Test RRS feed

• Question

• Could you tell me please what are the possible framework for CodedUI Test? Which framework is best in which scenario?

New in CodedUI that's why need some help.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hi RouthSutomation,

As far as I know, in Visual Studio, Coded UI is based on CodedUITestFramework and UnitTestFramework, which you could create a Coded UI Test project in Visual Studio to check. It will reference one of them or both of them in Project References.

The default Coded UI Framework in Visual Studio support the following platforms in below link.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd380742.aspx#Anchor_1

If you want to use some third part framework for Coded UI Test, which should based on your real situations. For example, CUITe Framework is a thin layer developed on top of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Test's Coded UI Test engine which helps reduce code, increases readability and maintainability, while also providing a bunch of cool features for the automation engineer.

Since there are too many third part framework for Coded UI, I could not list them one by one here to explain when to use them. I suggest you search them when you needed based on your test situation.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Monday, September 26, 2016 9:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Monday, October 10, 2016 8:07 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:40 AM