none
interactive windows form application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I wrote a windows application form that has some buttons and received an excel file and did some operation on that file. but I want to execute this while the user close the program, otherwise wait for action from user. Can you guide me about this problem?
    Tuesday, January 2, 2018 5:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

my question was wrong and I find out that the form is open until I close it and I can use other parts of it and my problem was solved.

thanks

• Marked as answer by nadianaji Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:27 AM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hello nadianaji,

What's the current statue of the issue? Does FormClosing or FormClosed events work for your? Did you have any issue how to implement these events?

Please feel free to let us know your current issue.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:19 AM
  • I am not familiar with form application, so maybe some of my questions are wrong. I have a form that has about six radio buttons and each buttons do specific work on excel file that loaded. I also have a close button that exit the program. Now, I want to know that this program wait until receive event from user? I know that when the close button choose this program was closed but otherwise what happens?  I also want to load excel file once and use it when the program is open. So, I should close and quit the excel file in close button?

thanks.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:32 AM
  • Hello nadianji,

Yes, you cloud close the excel file and quit the excel application in close button click event.

Besides, you'd better to do this in FormClosing and FormClosed in case that user quit the program via the form's own close button(the button with an X at the upper-right corner of the form)

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:48 AM
  • Hello nadianaji,

Has your original issue been resolved? If it has, I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer or provide your solution and mark as answer to close this thread. If not, please feel free to let us know your current issue.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

my question was wrong and I find out that the form is open until I close it and I can use other parts of it and my problem was solved.

thanks

• Marked as answer by nadianaji Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:27 AM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:27 AM