User experience RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Friends,

I am looking for the best way to keep track of the user activities in a windows forms application like clicked buttons, opened forms ... etc.

I am planning to analyse the results to come with a better UI for my application based on the user experience,
        so far I found that I need to create my own class for each control like creating the class MyButton that inherits Button class and handle the click event in the new class, and according to this I need to change all my button types to be MyButton instead of Button.

Can anybody help me with a better idea?

Thanks for your help
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Another approach is to override Form.WndProc method where all the KeyBoard and Mouse Click events are handled. These events are intercepted in the form of Windows Messages. You need to pick up those types of messages are related with your user experience demand and analysis each message's wParameter and lParameter. However, this approach is more complex then yours. I recommand you stay with your approach.

Regards,

Jacob

Monday, April 28, 2008 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Another approach is to override Form.WndProc method where all the KeyBoard and Mouse Click events are handled. These events are intercepted in the form of Windows Messages. You need to pick up those types of messages are related with your user experience demand and analysis each message's wParameter and lParameter. However, this approach is more complex then yours. I recommand you stay with your approach.

Regards,

Jacob

Monday, April 28, 2008 7:50 AM
  • Thank you for your answer, In fact I found that ovveriding Form.WndProc will affect some functionalities in my application like controls inside a grid, those controls will not work fine.

So I am going to stay with the first approach,

Thank you again

Monday, April 28, 2008 1:14 PM