none
Get Revisions of two merged pptx file in vb.net RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I merged two .pptx files programmatically in vb.net using following line of code but i don't know how to get number of Revisions or slide changes . please help me to access the number of revisions or slide changes . I am using MS Office 2013.

thank you

Dim missing As Object = System.Reflection.Missing.Value
            Dim filename As Object = "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\file1.pptx"
            Dim app As PowerPoint.Application = New PowerPoint.ApplicationClass()
            app = CreateObject("Powerpoint.Application")
            app = GetObject(, "Powerpoint.Application")
            Dim doc As PowerPoint.Presentation = app.Presentations.Open(filename)
            Dim filenm As String = "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\file2.pptx"
            doc.Merge(filenm)
            app.Quit()

• Moved by Carl Cai Monday, March 24, 2014 2:57 AM (form vb.net)More related
    Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Amit,

Thank you for the detailed description.

As far as I know the PowerPoint object model doesn't provide any revision-related objects.

• Proposed as answer by Marvin_Guo Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by AmitSaini44 Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:06 AM
    Monday, March 24, 2014 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am moving this thread to General Office Development forum for more dedicated supports, since this issue is mainly related to using the api of Office Object moudle.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 24, 2014 2:58 AM
  • Hello Amit,

You can determine whether the presentation has revision by get the HasRevisionInfo property. Also you can read revisions total number by using the following code:

ActiveWindow.Presentation.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Item("Revision Number").Value 

Monday, March 24, 2014 7:29 AM
  • Hi Eugene Astafiev,

Thankx for your reply but Sorry this is not which i am asking,"Revision Number " is the property of a .pptx file. The Revision which i asked is the result of two merged or compared pptx files. Please compare two pptx files by the steps "open MS power Point->Review->compare, choose pptx file and press Open button  ".  You will see a box in left side that have revisions i want to access this revision not that.

Thank you

Monday, March 24, 2014 7:48 AM
  • Hi Amit,

Thank you for the detailed description.

As far as I know the PowerPoint object model doesn't provide any revision-related objects.

• Proposed as answer by Marvin_Guo Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by AmitSaini44 Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:06 AM
    Monday, March 24, 2014 12:44 PM
  • Oh no ..!

its ok Eugene Astafiev, thankx for your support. I think this should be implemented in PowerPoint object model.

thank you

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:32 AM
  • I regret to tell you but the PowerPoint object model doesn't provide any property or method for this.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:18 PM