none
Avoid Sending File until appending data to file is done RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi ,

I have configured one Receive location where number of files are coming and I have one Send port with filter where it appends all received file and then send it to file location.

Note : I have checked  "Allow catch on write"

But sometime I am getting below error:

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "SP_*****" with URL "******\%datetime%.txt". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"The FILE send adapter cannot open file \********\2017-09-18T165824.txt for writing.
     Details: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

• Changed type RavinJD Friday, September 22, 2017 7:13 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:14 AM

All replies

• Use the schedule tab (service window) to activate receive location eg once a day 

The service window restricts the receive location to work during certain hours of the day

Otherwise you need an orchestration for batching mechanism (gather pattern)

/Peter

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:22 AM
  • Thanks Peter for responding me.

What I think If I scheduled receive location for once a day still send port will generate error as it always try to send file before completing appending all file into file.

Please suggest.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:36 AM
  • First question, why are you appending the files?

That implies there's some formula which you have to take into account.

Next, where are you sending the appended file?  To a BizTalk Receive Location or to some other system?

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 2:18 PM
  • If you have a continous flow of files without stopping you need an orchestration for batching the files (gather pattern)
    This can be done by number of files (appends), by time of day. after time waiting  etc

/Peter

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 2:21 PM
  • why are you appending the files?

I am getting number of flat files so wanted to merge all these files into one file.

where are you sending the appended file?

Sending appended file to Biztalk Receive location

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:31 PM
  • Well, we understand what you're doing, appending files.  But the question is why?

For clarity, "I want to" is rarely a valid business or technical reason.  What problem are you trying to solve by appending the files?

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 6:59 PM
  • Are you appending before processing in Biztalk?
    Any business requirement?

BizTalk is really at its best handling many smaller files instead of one very large file

/Peter

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:28 PM
  • Hi John

Sorry for delay reply.

Actually I am getting  files at one receive location in a continuous manner. I need to pick these files and create one batch and then send it over FTP location.

Friday, September 22, 2017 7:12 AM
  • Use an orchestration for batching 
    Terminate and send at a specific time

EDIT: Or use SSIS if the payload (final batch) is large

/Peter

Friday, September 22, 2017 7:44 AM
  • Are the input and output in the same format?
    Friday, September 22, 2017 1:45 PM