List of tasks to build tabular model RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I ran across a article, from a forum or blog or maybe a MSDN article, that listed all the basic steps in creating a tabular model.  I thought it was a great list to follow.  It made sure you at least considered various steps like creating a data surce view, creating measures, etc.

If anyone has a similar link could you please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Computermike, 

According to your description, it seems that you want some tutorial document about Tabular mode, right? If so , you could refer to Lesson 1: Create a New Tabular Model Project(Tabular mode tutorial ) and Creating your first SSAS tabular model database for details.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:50 AM
  • Hi Zoe,

No don't need a tutorial.  I have experience with Tabular and am past introductory tutorials.  I am looking for one of a few article or papers I am sure many of us have seen.  It is a list of about 10 basic steps to complete a tabular model.  We wanted to use this as a checklist in our requirements docs and development process.  I thought one of the articles I have seen was a Microsoft paper, maybe it was on the Analysis Services team blog...   but not sure.  That is what I am looking for a specific article (but I know they are three or four)

Mike

Monday, May 13, 2019 4:43 PM
  • Hi Computermike,

Not sure which document you want. You could refer to The Baker’s Dozen: 13 Steps for Building a SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 Tabular Model and Adventure Works Internet Sales tutorial (1200) for steps.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Computermike Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:07 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 5:44 AM