Docker Swarm and Windows Server 2019 external access RRS feed

• Question

• On Windows Server 2019 standard edition (1809, build 17763.316) with Docker Swarm activated (18.09.2  ->  docker swarm init --advertise-addr 127.0.0.1) the containers within the cluster does not have access to external ressources (Internet, databases outside the Swarm, etc). To reproduce the problem I simple type the following command :

ping google.ca

inside the running container I don't receive a response but on the host the response is perfectly fine. Note that the name resolution seems to be correct in both cases.

This was working on Windows Server 2016, the containers inside the Swarm had 2 IP addresses, on Windows Server 2019 they have only 1 IP address. Networking seems to "work" differently.

I used the following command to launch the Swarm service : 
    docker service create --publish 8070:80 sixeyed/whoami-dotnet:nanoserver-1809

Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:08 AM

All replies

• I am having the same issue here.  I am running Docker in Swarm mode on a Windows 2019 Server VM in Azure.

iconfig /all gives me two adapters to try to initialize with.  I try to initialize the swarm with either one but no deployed containers can ever access the Internet.  I'm setting up the swarm in an overlay network, which is the only network type that seems to work. 

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thursday, February 27, 2020 3:12 PM