none
Visual Studio Express 2015 for Desktop

Question

• I have installed Visual Studio Express 2015 for Desktop in a PC with Windows 10 Home 64 bits and the installation was successful. But when i create a project in Visual Basic and try to remove unnecessary references, the button "Unused references" does not exist.

Error in installation, program bug or the button does not really exist?

If so, how can i remove te unused references?

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi CarlosZagalo,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

I tested this issue on visual studio 2015 express for windows desktop, the same issue as yours:

There isn't the "Unused references" button, but you could select the reference that is not used, and then "Remove" it.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:02 AM
  • Hi Jiayi Li

Thank you for answering to my question.

Why does that button has been removed from this version is a question that only Microsoft knows.

Anyway my doubt is clarified with your answer.

Best Regards from Portugal.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:19 AM
  • Hi CarlosZagalo,

I checked this issue on visual studio 2013, and it has this "Unused references" button:

So I help you submit this issue on Microsoft Connect: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/2005014/unused-references-button-missing-from-visual-studio-2015

Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. I suggest you could add a comment here or vote for it. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jiayi

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:31 AM
  • Hi again Jiayi Li

Thank you for your suggestion.

Just because i also use VS2013 i notice the missing of that button.

I will follow your sugestion.

Best Regards

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:45 AM